As it turns out, I happened to be sent to Alabama the same week a friend from high school was there. It was such a great blessing to catch up and hang out with him and introduce him to my new friends!
So Wednesday morning, three of us made the drive to Bama. We went for a specific roofing job but as soon as we got there, the homeowner told us that someone else was going to work on his roof and provide the materials for him.
We ended up chainsawing trees and cleaning up debris out of a wheat field. Billy was the owner of the farm we worked on. During the tornadoes, the house belonging to Billy's brother was lifted up and it landed in Billy's wheat field. Needless to say there was a lot to clean up.
And lots of chances to drive big tractors! Right up my alley :)
We came back on Saturday and spent the rest of the weekend relaxing. It was definitely needed! I've been working on what my role looks like in the ministry this summer and also if I come back in the fall. I'm really excited about what God's doing in my life and in this ministry! I feel so blessed to be here and thank you all so much for supporting me in every way.
- Application process (Explore 7-23) for a longer term
- A vehicle to drive down to New Orleans in the fall
- That God will continue to work this summer in New Orleans and also in my life
- That God will provide the funds to live here this year
- Safety in Alabama
- The amazing people I'm surrounded by - both on staff and on teams!
- That I'm back "home" in Louisiana
Love you all!