Friday, July 1, 2011

Closer Than a Brother

"A man of many companions may come to ruin,
but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
"
-Proverbs 18:24


This week I've been thinking a lot about friendships and how much they mean to me. I'm so blessed to be surrounded by the amazing people I've met here in Louisiana. These truly are friendships that will last a lifetime and glorify Christ. 

Ronnie and I dancing in the streets, as usual.



These are people that will head bang right along with me when we're jamming to Family Force 5 in the car! I LOVE that!!!














Katie, Ariealle, Shelby, Keri, Ronnie, me, Dustin








These are also friends that help me grow as a child of God. People who will keep me accountable and encourage me when I'm feeling down. I just want to praise God for these friends who have blessed me so much!










This week I posted on EFCA's Crisis Response blog for the first time :) Go check it out: The Need in New Orleans (I know it says it was written by Mark Lewis, but don't be deceived! It was me with the help of Katie). Hopefully, I'll be able to help keep this blog updated, along with Katie's blog which I will be working on next week.


Prayer Requests:
  • The incoming team for next week - that they will have a wonderful week shining for Jesus
  • Please pray for those who will be going over my application (Explore 7-23)
  • God will provide a safe, reliable way to get back to New Orleans this fall
Praises:
  • I'm 3 questions short of finishing my application! I'll be sending it in tomorrow :)
  • I met new people this week: Scott Mannstedt and his son Nathan from Minnesota. They were a lot of fun to get to know :)
  • A productive week as far as getting work done along with my application
Thank you all for your prayers and letters! I appreciate all the mail that comes in, I love hearing from everyone back home! 


Love,
Chelsea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment