Sunday, March 4, 2012

I'm Back!! (in Bama)

I need to take a lesson from the devotions that the teams have every week. I should just go into my days without any expectations!
On Thursday, I found out that Jen and I would be making the 6 trip to Alabama on Saturday to pick up a truck and bring it back to New Orleans. The very next day (Friday) several tornadoes hit Madison County in Alabama again (the last time being April 27th, 2011. To read about this, see my blog post: Hope in Bama). Tornadoes are an amazing thing. They don't discriminate, but one side of a street could be completely wiped out, while the other side has not even been touched.
So Jen and I made the uneventful drive to Alabama yesterday, despite choosing a huge diesel truck with no cruise control (definitely a mistake). Today we attended the service at Hope Church, our partner here in Madison County. But, of course, we can't go a day without an adventure. I was skyping my family, when Jen called and told me that one of our trucks broke down (leaking brake fluid). Ironically, it was the truck that Jen and I originally came up to Alabama to get.
THANK YOU JESUS, for not letting us drive that truck back down to Louisiana!!!
For those of you that are wondering, the damage is extensive. Families who have just gathered up there lives from the last tornadoes had them ripped apart again. PLEASE pray for these people!
I'm headed back down to Louisiana tomorrow with Jen. Please pray that we will have another uneventful drive :)
Thank you for continuing to pray for me as I work in ministry. I can't do it without my team of people committed to pray for me! Praise God for this opportunity I was able to seize with TouchGlobal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment