Friday, December 9, 2011

Jesus, Friend of Sinners

I'm at the point where I know airports like the back of my hand. Like, just now, I looked up from what I was reading and realized I was in an airport...again. Sometimes, that's a little discouraging. I'd really like to stay in one place for more than 2 weeks. But then again, I realize that a year ago I never would've imagined that I'd be working for a ministry like TouchGlobal. When I think of that, I thank Christ for putting this call on my heart.
Back to the airport! I'm on my way to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania again. I'm blessed to be able to spend Christmas with my family, and I am very excited!
I covet your prayers and am very grateful for them. One way you could pray for me is that I will be looking for opportunities to show Christ's love in Pennsylvania. That God will bring people into my life who I can invest in.
If you haven't listened to the song "Jesus, Friend of Sinners", by Casting Crowns, please do. The Youtube link is right here. Enjoy! Here are some lyrics to it:

Jesus, friend of sinners, we have strayed so far away
We cut down people in your name but the sword was never ours to swing
Jesus, friend of sinners, the truth's become so hard to see
The world is on their way to You but they're tripping over me
Always looking around but never looking up I'm so double minded
A plank eyed saint with dirty hands and a heart divided

Oh Jesus, friend of sinners
Open our eyes to the world at the end of our pointing fingers
Let our hearts be led by mercy
Help us reach with open hearts and open doors
Oh Jesus, friend of sinners, break our hearts for what breaks yours

Keep these lyrics in mind as you encounter sinners like you and me throughout your day! I'm praying right now for the those of you reading this, that your lives will be living testimonies to the great work that Christ has done in you!
Love,
Chelsea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment