Saturday, August 13, 2011

So Thankful!

I just want to thank everyone that made it possible for me to come to New Orleans. This summer was life-changing and I learned so much about God, other people, ministry and myself. I spent my last night with all my interns last Friday, staying up til 2 in the morning laughing with Katie and Ronnie and Keri. I also want to recognize the staff in New Orleans. We had an intern send-off party last Friday and I realized how much each and every one of them have touched my life. I have truly found a home and a family in Covington, Louisiana that will always welcome me and treat me as their own. Saturday morning, as I watched Ronnie drive away at 5 am, I realized how grateful I am for people like her and everyone else on staff here. The accountability and just the feeling of being home is amazing.
The interns and Katie on our last night!
I have such a peace about coming back to New Orleans in September. This past summer was the first step to something incredible that God is doing in my life. I'm so excited to see what it is! As I'm writing, I am sitting here in my parents living room so thankful for them, the rest of my family and their support as I embark on a new journey. I've been officially accepted by ReachGlobal to return to New Orleans and serve for 11 months! I'm praising God for how steadfast, faithful and sovereign He is! What an amazing God we serve!
As for returning, the projected budget is about $1,100 a month. I need to find supporters willing to give financially on a monthly basis, so I will be spending the next month doing that. I plan on leaving September 10th in order to make it back to Louisiana in time for the annual meetings that the Crisis Response staff holds.

Praise:
  •   Jesus Christ is sovereign, mighty and worthy to be praised!
  • I made it back to Dauphin, Pa safe and sound! So happy to be surrounded by my family :)
  • I've been accepted to ReachGlobal for an 11 month term
Prayer:
  • That Crisis Response will have more and more teams volunteer to serve
  • God will provide the people who are willing to support me financially this year
  • That I will remain diligent in building a team of people who will support me through prayer
Once again, thank you to everyone who has kept up with my blog this summer and has prayed for me! I'm looking forward to writing more when I return to New Orleans in September.
God Bless!
Chelsea
"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him." 1 John 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment