Friday, August 16, 2013

One Last Post...

I can't believe how much I've been slacking on blogging since getting married. It's been a crazy summer with a lot of joy, a lot of adjustment and a lot of learning. On Monday, I start my senior year of college and that is also hard to believe. Life is really rushing by and it sometimes feels as though I'm on the sidelines just watching.

I know I never did an update about Staten Island. The trip there had it's ups and downs. First of all, seeing Jen and Ronnie and other staff members that week was just amazing. I miss my friends so much! It's been hard working and NOT living in an area where ReachGlobal Crisis Response is ministering. Being on Staten Island, working alongside these girls and getting to know a team was a great feeling. There are SO many exciting things going on there and if you aren't familiar with our work there you should check out our blog! I learned a lot about patience and finding my joy in CHRIST that week.

This is my last month with ReachGlobal Crisis Response. After 2 years and 3 months of being a part of that team, I don't think it's hit me yet. God has taught me so much about myself and ministry in the past couple years and so many things have happened because of being in ministry. I will never stop loving the city of New Orleans because of it. I will always look at my husband and thank my Savior for His divine plans for my life. I will always have a special place in my heart for Haiti. I will never forget the stories I've heard, both tragic and full of hope. And I can never thank YOU, reader, enough for supporting me, praying for me, asking about me, giving to me, and following this journey I've been on.

Someday, I may hear the call of God and return to this ministry. For now, I'm realizing that this door is closed for the time being. I have different responsibilities. I'm a wife, a student, a church member and first and foremost a Christ follower. 2 years ago, some  of those things never would have been exciting to me. But, now, I look at my responsibilities and understand the opportunities I have. I thank Jesus for the grace I'm given to be what he calls me to be. It's only by that grace that I am able.

I apologize for how scattered this post is, but, it really hard to get my thoughts together. I've not been looking forward to this, because it sounds like goodbye and I love blogging plus ministry! I just want to thank you again for all you've done. It's been an amazing experience and I am beyond blessed.

-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment